Effective Date: 4/12/2012
Last Updated: 6/18/2014
The mission of PeopleLinx is to guide your use of social media to maximize the benefits to you and to the organization through which you registered with PeopleLinx. To achieve this mission, we make services available through our website and by individual and group coaching sessions, to help you optimize the content of your profiles in social media platforms and to help you and your organization make the most out of these social media profiles.
1. Questions or Comments
Here are the main types of information which are involved in your use of the PeopleLinx website or PeopleLinx’s services:
(i) User Information – This is your email address and information you provide about yourself to PeopleLinx through quizzes, surveys, questionnaires or other activities in which you participate on the PeopleLinx website or through PeopleLinx’s services.
(ii) Third Party User Content – This is information which you maintain with other websites, applications or services.
(iii) User Profile Analysis Information – This is information produced by PeopleLinx through the analysis of your User Information and Third Party User Content.
We strive to maintain your trust and protect your privacy. Therefore:
- We do not rent, sell, or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this policy or as required by law.
- All information that you provide or to which you give us access will be protected with industry standard protocols and technology.
We collect your information in the following ways:
4. Information You Choose to Provide
5. Information Collected Automatically
We may use server log analysis tools to gather and analyze information regarding the usage of the PeopleLinx website, or PeopleLinx’s services such as the number of visitors received, most/least visited web pages, errors experienced by users, browsers and platforms used to connect to the PeopleLinx website, your IP address and internet service provider (ISP), the date and time you visited the PeopleLinx website and/or PeopleLinx’s services, the web pages you visited and the websites you visited before or after you visit the PeopleLinx website, queries or searches you conducted on the PeopleLinx website, and use of PeopleLinx’ services. This information may be collected via a number of technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs and other means. A cookie is a tiny data file that resides on your computer, mobile phone, or other device, and allows us to recognize you as a user when you return to the PeopleLinx website using the same computer and web browser. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases doing so may impact your ability to use some areas of the PeopleLinx website may be limited. The above information belongs to us and is used to improve the content, layout and/or operation of this website.
6. Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
PeopleLinx may use the personally identifiable information you provide, separately or in combination with other information you provide, for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your membership, subscriptions or other transactions between you and PeopleLinx;
- To alert you to upgrades, special offers and other information about PeopleLinx and the services we offer.
If you are visiting the PeopleLinx website from a country outside the United States, you acknowledge and agree that in using the PeopleLinx website and/or PeopleLinx’s services, you will transfer personal information about yourself to the United States, that
the data protection laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country and that the transfer of this personal information occurs with your consent. Personally identifiable information collected on the PeopleLinx website or in the course of your usage of PeopleLinx’s services is governed by the data protection and privacy laws of the United States, and may be stored and processed in the United States or abroad.
7. Disclosure of Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose your personally identifiable and other information to third parties, as follows:
- To your employer or to the organization through which you registered with PeopleLinx, information with respect to your activity in and through the PeopleLinx website or PeopleLinx’s services (including frequency of use, type of use, areas visited, searches conducted, nature and scope of communications conducted on the PeopleLinx website).
- To your employer or to the organization through which you registered with PeopleLinx: analytical information with respect to User Registration Information and Third Party User Content, including numerical scores formulated by PeopleLinx with respect to Third Party User Content and users’ profiles on third party tools. We will not give your employer or the organization through which you registered with PeopleLinx direct access to your Third Party User Content. PeopleLinx may convey to you third party queries and/or requests for the disclosure of such information. You may give access to such content if you choose to do so, subject to terms and conditions which apply to such Third Party User Content.
- Your username or user ID will be displayed when you use certain portions of the PeopleLinx website, for example, in connection with surveys, quizzes and questionnaires in which you participate. If you include any personally identifiable information in your username, user ID, any person who visits the PeopleLinx website may be able to identify you and your activities on the PeopleLinx website.
Notwithstanding the aforesaid, PeopleLinx will not disclose to any third party any information contained in any messages sent or received by you via the PeopleLinx website.
We may disclose your User Information and your User Profile Analysis Information:
- To a successor organization in the event that PeopleLinx is involved in a transaction such as a merger, stock purchase or sale, or sale of substantially all of PeopleLinx’s assets. In such event, PeopleLinx may also transfer ownership in such information to such successor organization.
Except as described above, we do not rent, sell or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes, without your consent.
We will use at our discretion and may disclose such information to service providers, partners, advertisers or others, information collected from you, including without limitation from your Third Party User Content, from which (i) your identity may not be ascertained, (ii) the underlying information is not discernible or (iii) the information cannot be reverse engineered or decompiled to arrive at the underlying data.
8. PeopleLinx Communications
Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from PeopleLinx.
9. User Communications
Any messages sent from you in connection with your use of the PeopleLinx website or PeopleLinx’s services, will be initiated by you or consented by you through an “opt in” process. The receiver of user-to-user communications on the system will remain anonymous until such time as that user chooses to reveal themselves.
Many communications you initiate through PeopleLinx will list your primary email address and name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide aggregate information about your network (for instance how many people are in your network), but will not list the people to whom you’re directly connected. Other communications that you initiate through the PeopleLinx website, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal email address contact information. Your contact information will only be shared with another user if both of you have indicated that you would like to establish contact with each other.
11. Children’s Privacy
This site is intended for adults. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen.
12. How We Protect Your Information
We follow generally accepted security practices and procedures to protect the information you provide, from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, and we require that our authorized service providers implement and maintain such security practices and procedures as well. With respect to any Third Party User Content, PeopleLinx shall maintain a level of security in compliance with any security requirements imposed by such website, application or service. Nevertheless, internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other users of PeopleLinx are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. If you have any questions about the security of personally identifiable information collected by PeopleLinx, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Retention of Your Personally Identifiable Information
The personally identifiable information that you provide by submitting it to the PeopleLinx website or sending directly to PeopleLinx will be stored and maintained by PeopleLinx for so long as your account is active and for so long as we, in our sole discretion, believe is necessary or appropriate (i) to carry out the purpose(s) for which such information was collected, or (ii) to resolve disputes, comply with applicable laws, contracts, or other rules or regulations. PeopleLinx will not maintain or store any Third Party User Content, provided however, that with respect to Third Party User Content. PeopleLinx will maintain and store information contained in messages you send or receive using the PeopleLinx website only to the extent required for operating the PeopleLinx website and the provision of PeopleLinx’s services.
14. Closing your account
You can close your account by contacting the appropriate individuals within your organization. If you close your PeopleLinx account, we will remove your name and other personally identifiable information from our database and server, including any Third Party User Content, and will not access any of your Third Party User Content. If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your account information without liability. However, we may retain certain information provided by you if PeopleLinx believes it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, nonpersonally identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. PeopleLinx may also retain and use your information if necessary to provide the PeopleLinx services to other users. In addition, emails or messages you send on PeopleLinx to other users, may remain visible to others after you have closed your account. Similarly, other information you have shared with others, or that other users have copied, may also remain visible. PeopleLinx disclaims any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms herein) of information or any obligation not to delete the information. PeopleLinx does not control when search engines update their cache, which may contain certain information that has since been removed by PeopleLinx.
15. Notification of Material Changes since the Effective Date