Leverage Other People’s Content to Engage with Prospects
We are inundated with content every single day. Finding insights that are relevant to you and your goals, though, can often be like trying to locate those proverbial needles in a haystack.
To find that needle all you really need is a magnet; that is what LinkedIn’s Pulse can do. A simple search can lead you to a targeted magnet and all that it has attracted. Once you are able to pinpoint content that is engaging your target audience, most of the prospecting work is done for you. Why? Because someone else held up the magnet; now, you get to see every needle it attracted in one place.
- First, find the content. Type the topic you would like to search on in the LinkedIn Search box and try to make it as relevant to your business as possible.
- Click the drop-down, choose Posts and click the search magnifying glass.
- Filter down on the left side based on when it was posted, popular authors and more. Then click on an article.
- You can see how many views, “likes,” and comments that author received for that particular post, and make a decision if this content is attracting the people you wish to meet.
- Next, read it! Do not engage with people that are liking and commenting on an article until you have a clear understanding of the post’s point of view (POV).
- First, reply and like the comments of the people you want to engage.
- Ask to connect with those that respond with a note. Here’s an example: NAME, I really enjoyed the article XXX and liked your comment. Let’s connect and explore how we might be able to help each other’s networks, now or in the future.
- When you connect, send a brief note: NAME, great to be connected, lets set up a brief introductory call. Here is a link to my calendar http://callbrynne.com: please pick a time that is most convenient for you.
If you take the time to do this simple task, you will begin to build a network of the right people that typically “like,” comment and share great content. When you do a good job with this, your content will get more engagement as well.
This post was originally published on LinkedIn.
As a sales manager, you want your team members to work hard… yet smart. You also know that LinkedIn is now an essential tool for your sales reps. Your buyers are on LinkedIn, and gaining access to them is essential to the new sales process.
Our eBook, “8 LinkedIn Activities Sales Leaders Should Expect from Their Team,” will help you reach your target buyers in ways that are easier, faster and effective. You can even supplement cold calls and emails with LinkedIn and Social Selling tactics, too!
Download our eBook today!