7 Steps to Social Selling Success [WEBINAR RECAP]
How do we motivate our employees to use social selling?
This webinar was one of our best!
We caught up with Mark Waxman (Chief Marketing Officer of CBIZ and a PeopleLinx client) who gave us a look behind the curtain at how CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) is rolling out social selling across the organization.
Watch the webinar now!
We kicked off the webinar by sharing some very revealing data from our 2015 Report on Social Selling on the way that company support impacts social selling metrics. The study found that support from the employer has a dramatic impact across all social selling metrics. Sales reps are dramatically more likely to see value in social selling, practice it, and drive revenue from it when their companies encourage, train, and measure social selling activity.
Then it was Mark’s turn to walk us through CBIZ as a real-life case study of how his company did that very thing.
Mark shared with us how he was able to tie the case for social selling to CBIZ business objectives. He knew that “social for the sake of social” or “social is cool” just weren’t going to motivate the organization at the scale required for meaningful change. Mark needed to convince the C-suite as well as the rank-and-file that social makes a meaningful business impact.
Mark also revealed his tried-and-true 7-step process for rolling out social selling across CBIZ. Mark and his team called on the full gamut of rollout tactics, including live evangelism, hands-on training, user-generated videos, technology tools, measurement, and employee recognition.
Here are some of tweet-worthy quotes from the webinar:
- Looking for low hanging fruit for you sales pipeline? Try social selling.
- Powerful Stat: 73% of B2B pros see the value of social media, only 31% actually use it in their selling process.
- Make ‘Em Stars: Turn your top sharers into “heroes” to help promote social selling enthusiasm.
- Identify your best social selling super stars and make them feel that way.
- It’s important to recognize employees for their social selling success, to help motivate others.
- Thirsty Horses: essential for social selling success. Identify your champions and train them.
- Social selling is about helping salespeople be more effective, build closer relationships.
- Wow! Only 11% of companies offer social media training for sales.
- When life gives you technology, build relationships.